The Crew Company plans to implement policies that may be part of individual production’s COVID-19 safety guidelines. These may or may not include the following:
- All crew members should wear PPE such as; clear face shields / masks covering mouth and nose, protective gloves, and maintain social distancing.
- Producer/Director should supply hand sanitizer at points of entry for all crew members and on-camera subjects.
- When possible, a designated crew member should be tasked with disinfecting all door handles, light switches, bathroom fixtures, or any other surfaces and equipment handled by more than one person – prior to and upon completion of production in each area.
- Use washable/disposable sheeting to place on floors when possible to place pelican bags, and other items carrying camera and lighting kits.
- Clean all camera kits, computer keyboards, hard drives, lighting poles, etc. thoroughly with sanitizing wipes after each shoot.
- Label hand and lapel/clip mics with the name of the user. Take off mic covering (black sponge) daily and wash in hot water and anti-bacterial soap.
- Utilize boom-only audio when possible.
- Eliminate wood and fabric directors chairs / chairs for interview subjects and use easier to disinfect plastic chairs.
- Once production starts, the director should limit takes to make sets more efficient and result in less standing around/congregating time.
- Larger productions should consider utilizing larger tents with portable A/C or heat in lieu of trailers/motorhomes.
- Attempt to limit number of people in a passenger van to 2 passengers at one time.
- Mask / Face shield should be worn by the Make-up Artist or Hair Stylist.
- Use disposable make-up kits and brushes and dispose of the kit after each application.
- Possibly assign brush / combs to each talent / interviewee so not to cross contaminate.
- Have one individual put up and take down all location signs.
- If distributing hard copy scripts/sides, dispose of paper after use.
- Production Company hiring the crew maintains the right to take the temperature of each crew member prior to entry on set, and reserves the right to refuse entry if crew member exhibits any symptoms of COVID-19. These symptoms include a dry cough, fever, sore throat and muscle pain.
- Frequent hand-washing should be encouraged throughout each day.
No coffee stations with self-service.
No snack bowls or unpackaged foods
No fruit that isn’t individually packed.
All drinks must be in single serve containers (ie: water bottles, cans)
- Any person handling food should thoroughly wash their hands beforehand and wear gloves and masks.
Be Patient. The shooting days may be longer with these new protocols.
We will update these guidelines as they become available.